Book a Meeting Space
United Way Connects is Regina’s centre for collaboration, providing meeting space for training opportunities for community-based organizations, community workshops, facilitations, information and resources, and a range of other services as required and identified by the community.
The vision for United Way Connects is to:
- support collaboration as the first principle in addressing issues;
- support programs and initiatives that focus on our community’s strengths and assets; and
- support the community to work together to strengthen our capacity to address challenges and take advantage of opportunities.
The principles upon which United Way Connects is founded are to:
- engage community with a commitment to nurturing citizen participation;
- build upon existing strengths / resources / services rather than duplicate or replace them;
- use asset-based strength-oriented practices;
- respect the fact that “community building is community based, community paced and community directed”;
- value equally the way work gets done and the results of our work; and
- develop services that are representative of, accessible to, and effective within all cultural communities.
United Way Connects is situated just north of the downtown area at 1440 Scarth Street. The building is handicap accessible and has ample parking for visitors. There are two rooms available for booking, all with access to a fully equipped kitchen, and washrooms.
The largest space available for booking is the Community Room which holds 45-50 with tables and chairs, or approximately 75 using theatre style seating. This room has access to full audio-visual equipment.
This room provides seating up to 20 people. It has an LCD Projector and computer for presentations, and an available telephone if necessary. The Conference/Boardroom may be booked for meetings during United Way Regina office hours.
Meeting space at United Way Connects is available at no charge to community-based organizations and collaborative initiatives. Financial contributions are always appreciated to support the ongoing availability of meeting room supplies, as well as maintenance of the space.
Corporations and others are welcome to utilize the United Way Connects meeting space based on availability, and will have a fee associated.
A United Way CONNECTS Booking Request Form must be filled out and emailed to the United Way Regina office. A confirmation notice outlining arrangements and additional details will be sent upon processing.